Pages

About Me

About Me

Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Made-It



I am linking up for Tara's Monday Made-It over at 4th Grade Frolics for the first time! I have two items to show off share this week:

This is a Pinterest inspired wreath.




I thought it would be so neat to make my own and hang outside my classroom door. The colors I am using in my room this year are green and brown, with hints of yellow and blue. (classroom pics coming up soon)

I hopped on over to Michaels to pick up the supplies:
1 - 12 in straw wreath
1 - wooden "M" letter
assortment of fabrics (some were scraps that they gave me for 50 cents)


Now on to the making of the wreath. The only two things I needed to assemble the wreath were a pair of scissors and a hot glue gun. I cut the fabric into strips long enough to go around the wreath and tie into a knot. I continued this until the wreath was covered entirely. I had enough ribbon left over to create a loop for hanging. I attached the loop in the back with my hot glue gun. I added the wooden letter using some coordinating ribbon I already had and again used some hot glue to keep the letter and ribbon steady. Super easy!


On to the next project:


Project number two was to make homemade lotion. My mom makes it all the time for me and I love it! So I decided to give it a try myself.

The lotion only requires 3 "ingredients":
Large bottle of baby lotion
Medium jar of patrolium jelly
Small bottle of vitamin E oil




Dump all of the above into a bowl and use a hand mixer to blend together.



Divide up the lotion into sealed containers.


Voila!

This has been the best lotion I have ever used! My skin stays so smooth and hydrated! (it smells good too - like a baby's butt - lol) I don't think I could ever go back to store bought lotions again!

Now off to finish packing for the big family vacation! We've been counting down for three weeks now! My five year old changes our "count down" numer every day on our daily schedule chalk board. It has been a great way for her to practice counting backwards and number writing in preparation for kindergarten.

This will be no wind-in-my-hair, sand-between-my-toes vacay. Rather it will be the melting ice cream, crying and tantrums (from me), laughing and smiling, princesses, fast rides, amazing fireworks, long lines, heat stroke kind of vacation. But we will be sure to love every minute of it and all the memories that will be made!

18 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great lotion to use!! I absolutely love your wreath too! It came out adorable! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin your wreath!!! I pinned one like that last week but haven't had the guts to try to make it..lol! Oh how I love the lotion idea you shared!!! I just hollered to my daughter about it and think we may be trying it out;)) Thanks for sharing and linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath turned out great! Thanks for sharing the lotion recipe, too.

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wreath! I'm gonna have to make one of those! And I'm def going to have to try out your lotion! Thanks for sharing!
    -Audrey
    The Sweet Life of Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath looks GREAT! And I love the idea of the homemade lotion. Johnson and Johnson now has a baby lotion with an apple scent that smells SOOOOO good. I'm gonna have to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing!

    Kristi
    Learning's a Hoot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might need to try the lotion. I am one of your newest followers. I would love to have you come by and visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat idea for lotion! Thanks for sharing! :)
    TeachPrayLove

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to find another Carolina blogger (though, I'm South)!


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    Come join my linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wreath, it is great. I think the lotion looks fun to make and so pretty.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought to make my own lotion before! It's so smart...I'll have to try it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhh, I want to make my own lotion now! I have tons of baby lotion already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angie, I'm loving your blog! I have a surprise for you! Please stop by my blog to pick it up...
    :0) Melissa
    More Time 2 Teach

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! I'm super impressed!!

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway
    -Courtney
    2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the lotion ideas!! Will have to give it a try!!! I am your newest follower!
    Crystal
    Ms Jones Junction

    ReplyDelete
  15. Homemade lotion! Very cool and looks super easy. I just may have to try that out! Just found your blog :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete