Pages

About Me

About Me

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Test Prep is Underway!

It is hard to believe that another year is winding down. What does that mean for a third grade teacher? Test prep!!
With only a few weeks left until our state exams, I have begun preparing my kids for the test. We are reviewing skills that we have learned throughout the year and are practicing our test taking strategies for math and reading.
I recently purchased a "Math Key Words Sort" from Ashleigh on Teachers pay Teachers that I loved using this week for reviewing! Click here to visit TpT. Here is how I used it to review:

I created this anchor chart after I saw a similar one on a blog not too long ago (I can't remember where I saw it, if you know I'd love to give a "shout out") I loved the idea of using this strategy with the math key words sort I have purchased. I gave everyone a copy of the sort and we went through each problem together step-by-step using the CUBE strategy. I demonstrated along with them using our document camera. Once we had thoroughly dissected each math word problem, the students then cut out and sorted the word problems by the "action" they would use to solve the problem (+ - x / ). They had a great time with this activity and I think they will be able to use what we learned to better understand and perform on the test.

Amber at Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher created a free math review that I just downloaded from TpT that I plan to use tomorrow with my CUBE strategies too. This download contains several pages including a poster with math key words, a key word sort (cut-n-paste), and a practice sheet on word problems. She calls these Operation Clue Words. Check her out!

That's all for now! TGIF tomorrow!!

22 comments:

  1. Can you shed some more light on the Math Key Words Sort. I searched TpT and couldn't find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maru Gujarat Government Jobs 2018 Has Published Advertisement For Below Mentioned Posts 2018.Maru Ojas Other Details Like Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Selection Process, Application Fee And How To Apply Are Given Maru Gujarat

      Delete
  2. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.
    Hbse result 2018

    ReplyDelete

  3. Now without any time waste we are sharing how to Check Online PEC 5th, 8th Class Result By Roll No, Name, School. students on 31th of March you can get three red color click on this page so method is very easy if you want to get result according to roll number then click on first link.

    pec 5th class result 2018 download
    5th class result 2018 roll number wise
    8th class results 2018

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much obliged to you for sharing such extraordinary data. It has help me in discovering more insight about Education Loan Emi Calculator

    ReplyDelete
  6. The great blog about Emi Calculator For Education Loan .Thanks for sharing the blog, seems to be interesting and informative too.Could you help me to find more detail about Emi Calculator For Education Loan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice and interesting information and informative too.
    Can you please let me know the good attraction places we can visit: Educational Loan Interest Calculator

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well we really like to visit this site, many useful information we can get here.brahmacharyasana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up

    couple yoga poses

    ReplyDelete
  11. get latest naukari update goverment job subscribe now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written.Very awesome!!! When I seek for this I found this website at the top of all blogs in search engine.

    best time to visit munnar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here.

    Utkata Konasana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its great to know about this blog, Appreciate your efforts with such a valuable information provided. Could you help me to find out more details about Education Loan For Study In India

    ReplyDelete
  15. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. hill station in tamilnadu

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing such great information. It has help me in finding out more detail about Study Loan Abroad

    ReplyDelete