Pages

About Me

About Me

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fashion Friday



Here is a simple outfit I threw together this week. I love the anchor tee I found at J.Crew a few weeks ago. It looked great paired with the stripe shorts. I just bought the shoes this week from Old Navy on sale. They are so cute and comfortable!

I know that J. Crew is not in everyone's budget. Here are some tips I have though if you would like to shop without breaking the bank.

1. I rarely buy anything from J. Crew full price - why? - they offer an educators discount on everything! My local store doesn't even ask for my i.d. although carrying it with you is a good idea. Unlike other stores that offer a teacher discount, you can use it on full price, sale, clearance, and at the outlet stores.

2. They run sales a lot. For example, I love the pencils skirts. I have yet to pay full price for one. They will run specials sometimes or I just wait until they go on sale. I usually get a pencil skirt for under $50 when the full retail price is $150. That is quite a savings. I can really mix and match the skirts too - even the crazy bright ones. Also it is easy to find your size. Even when items go one sale, I usually don't have trouble finding my size. The sales associates will help me track one down if I can't find my size and get it mailed directly to me.

3. You can opt to open a credit card and save a percentage on your first purchase using the card. This could be a great option if you want to splurge and get a few new things for the beginning of the school year. (Think "sales tax free" days offered in some states, plus teacher discount, plus credit card discount - see it doesn't seem so impossible anymore).

4. Shop the J. Crew Factory store right from home! You can access the Factory store on the internet - although it isn't as much fun and offers a little less then the actual outlet stores.

5. Check out ebay! I have seen some great pencils skirts, jewelry and more on ebay. In fact my yellow bubble necklace seen here was a steal on ebay! It retails for $150 on J.Crew.com, but I scored it on ebay for under $15 with free shipping!!

There you have it! I hope this might help if you have been wanting to try out something from J.Crew. I love the fit, stylish colors and patterns, and the over all deals I can find. Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. cute! I saw on another blog post where you went to the WBT conference in Missouri, so did I! Wasn't it great? I am your newest follower!
    Dana
    Visit me @ Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete