Pages

About Me

About Me

Friday, February 17, 2017

Hot Chocolate Bar

I recently hosted a Ladies Fellowship at my house and since it is February I thought it would be nice to have a Hot Chocolate Bar. (Turns out it was in the 60's that day - that's the south for you!)

I scoured the internet for some inspiration and here is what I came up with:


I placed chalkboard stickers on some insulated cups and had a small bucket with chalk so everyone could write their name on their drink. I also found some cute chalkboard tags at Target that I tied around glass jars in order to label each of the toppings.

In the glass jars I had mini marshmallows, peppermint pieces, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. I also had chocolate and regular sprinkles, salted caramel and chocolate syrup, whipped topping, large marshmallows, and chocolate covered spoons.


I added two bowls of valentine's candy to munch on as well.

Finally, I created a treat using store bought cupcakes, dollar store plastic glasses and valentine's candy.


I also offered a selection of other drinks including soda, tea, and coffee.


After spending some time looking at some scripture on Love, we made cards to send to our church members that are away at college and those that are shut-in. We hoped to spread some Love to them this month and let them know they are in our thoughts and prayers.


Overall, I think it was a success (despite the unusually warm temps outside). Everyone seemed to enjoy creating their own special Hot Chocolate.
I didn't even break the bank. Most items I bought at either the Dollar Tree or Kroger.

Have you ever hosted a Hot Chocolate Bar? I'd love to hear about it! Don't forget you can follow me on Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment