Pages

About Me

About Me

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Middle School Classroom Tour

Here is a mid-year look at my Middle School classroom. We keep the overhead lights off 90% of the time per student request. They love the darker atmosphere. There are lamps and string lights placed along the room and the projector is on most of the time as well. Having the lights off really provides a calming environment.

Here is the view standing in the back of the room:





Here is the back wall:


And the side wall where I meet for reading conferences:



My favorite accessory to decorate any classroom with is the tissue pom pom...



Check out Amazon to get a great deal on a variety pack.

I can't hang them from my ceiling, but that would be super cute too!

Now here is a look at our 6th grade teacher lounge makeover!

Before:



After:




This was super easy and didn't cost a dime. I used left over boarder and pom poms from my classroom, some decor I wasn't using at home and put the whole thing together in no time flat.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to follow me on Facebook at Timeouts and Tootsie Rolls!!

2 comments:

  1. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet!
    holiday gift ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. So with limited resources (the chairs we had), I offered my class to rearrange the room anyway they so choose. They could have the option of sitting on the floor, standing, sitting at a chair, sitting together, or alone or in any combination. After brainstorming for a class period, they choose to stay in the formation they were originally (small groups sitting with desks). Their choice, not mine. However, I don't have seat options available. We only have hard desk chairs available. If I find some good options, at a reasonable price, I will pick them up.

    ReplyDelete